5 Instagrams to Try

Hi, my name is Katie, and I am an Instagram addict.

A picture voyeur of less seedy sorts, Instagram has become my go to app, which isn't so surprising, since more than one app seems to scare the holy heck out of me. But nonetheless, it's my iPhone dime. Whilst I don't post on a crazy whim and hardly rank myself an Instagram influencer, I love browsing those that are. One problem that I do find though, is searching. Whilst I do think Instagram benefits from such simplicity and to rank into themes would seem a little vulgar for the design, it can sometimes be hard to find something wholly fresh. Hence why I thought it might be nice to do a monthly feature on my current favourites in the hope that maybe someone else could discover something new. So here goes.....

Humans of NY






















"She giggled the entire time I talked with them, while he kept a big goofy grin on his face. And whenever I asked about their relationship, she clutched his arm, looked at him just like this, giggled, then said: "We're not telling!"

Little snippets of New York life rounded down into mere sentences and singular photos. This account is absolutely amazing. From the heartbreaking to the hilarious, Humans Of NY has disbanded with filters for short real life stories instead. I mean, c'mon, if the elderly crooners above don't melt your ice heart, then Humans Of NY just can't help you....

iWilderness























I'd give many a good limb to find myself in some of these beautiful Pacific Northwest plots, but until a chap whisks me away for days of woodland dallying and photography, i'll happily swoon over this Seattle based Instagram account of light hues and towering trees. Genuinely a catch of a 'gram for anyone into natural photography.

Treasures and Travels























We're all allowed our guilty girly pleasures. From flower crowns and photo shoots to interior design and coffee shops, the soft Scandi hues on the Treasures and Travels Instagram account by Tegan and Lindsay have been a lil' too pretty to pass on by this month.

The Dainty Squid

An Instagram account belonging to Kaylah Doolan, boy does this lady get her mitts on some odd ball treasures. From beach wanderings and estate auctions to mushroom hunts in her local woodland, I love seeing pictures of the goodies that this Stateside lady has uncovered. Be it vintage gear and beach junk or entemology, Kaylah collects in a way that many, and I, wish they could.

Save Family Photos























Another very pretty example of how Instagram can be devoid of filters and selfies, Save Family Photos is an amazing collection of vintage photographs and charming tales of days gone by. I'm such a sucker for any late photos of my family, so getting to have a nosey at others is a great opportunity to do, well, just that: have a nosey. And just in case anyone was wondering the story behind the above sassy duo:

"The "Pan-man" and artist (my Grandfather) with the Tailor (my Grandmother). This photo was taken in Trinidad, circa 1959. My Grandfather played the Steel Drum, or "Pan," which is the reason for the name "Pan Man."

No comments:

Post a Comment