Genesis


(Photo: Genesis Cinema website)

Funnily enough, no, Genesis is not just a word reserved for that momentary lapse in Phil Collins' career.

With a couple of work buddies in tow, we embarked on a quick hop to Whitechapel for an evening of unadulterated Wes Anderson crooning and swooning, but little did I know that I'd get the hots for our cinema instead. I genuinely can't remember a time when the cinema cost me less money than it did to buy a mini mortgage on a mini home of grumpy. Thanks to their Oscar Monday deal (a deal echoed on Wacky Wednesdays), we were able to catch the movie for a mere £3.50 at Genesis! Halt your Hackney coffee purchase of three mardy pounds, and do this instead. With a bar, kitchen and its industrial flecks to boot, I was so impressed with how value for money yet down right good looking Genesis in Whitechapel was.

But i've lapsed a little in my Wes Anderson crooning. If Moonrise Kingdom weren't so chipper an Autumn palate then The Grand Budapest Hotel would have secured the top spot when it comes to Anderson's visuals for me. There's a hum of the sweet, pinickity colour palette that you'll find in any Anderson endeavour, but with a dash of colourful creams thrown in for good measure. While Ralph Fiennes cursed his way into my heart and the story held a charming and ambitious ground as always, I do kind of miss a time when Wes Anderson movies didn't feel so forceably extracted, it just didn't feel as fluid as I remember. That being said, it's still a dime to gorge your eyes on and a must if you can nab this amazing Genesis deal.

(Photo: Hopelies.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment