Swing Patrol

For all the gutsy groans that I like to give out on a day to day basis, never did I actually think that I would muster the courage to go swing dancing on my own. But I shut my rowdy trap and did, and it's all thanks to this fun-filled troupe.

On my first blog post I mentioned that one of my ultimate end of year results would be getting in to the swing of things, quite literally. I've always wanted to go swing dancing, but from recent nagging, it seems to be one of those dance classes that it pretty darn hard to encourage your chums to get involved in.






(Photo credit: Neal Jackson)

Thankfully, I managed to rope a flatmate in to coming, and hey presto, the lady is hooked. (Me, I'm the lady). Swanning off every Tuesday to Swing Patrol in Angel, I can genuinely say that swing is my new thing, given that my instructors think so of course. I've been so impressed with Swing Patrol only three weeks in. Not only are Ben and Janet (our Angel instructors) professionals, they're fun ones. Who can't learn a lil' something from that? So far i've only tucked in to Charleston and Lindy Hop basics, but from the sounds of things, get the knack for these and guests to the lessons can not only branch out in to more qualified classes, there's socials. Swing socials. My two new favourite words other than food and food.

Swing is an inherently fun dance to watch and learn, and I think Swing Patrol have gone an amazing way to prove that. With lessons all over the UK, coming in at just £8 a pop, and guests that keep on coming back, I really can't wait to continue, and possibly find myself in a community that has as much fun swingin' as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment