Make mine a Maddy

I lost my password, I lost my blogging spunk, I lost my marbles. Three reasonable excuses for not blogging, and not a single one I can actually use. Most likely waiting for the time when someone like Maddy Young came 'a' cropper, I've been harbouring the right moment to start spitting internet lyrics again. And here it is.


I've gushed over the Stay Home Club goodies and happily gorged my eyeballs on illustrators and tattoo artists the likes of Tealeigh, but it's this Melbourne hot mamma that's currently catching me awry. Having already snapped up a follow of her on Instagram, i've taken to Tumblr and further to find more work from this lil' lady. Not the time for a 'where's she's been, where she's going and how she likes her eggs in the morning', for I haven't actually the foggiest,  I'd rather just make this page a homage to all the pretty pieces that she's harbouring.

'Art is a useful way to make your heart stop hurting and your head stop spinning' - Maddy Young

Slightly melancholic, deliciously yet divinely dark and brimming with a pitch-black pretty, it's the blend of blade and botanical that I think has had Maddy Young pinned by so many admirers. And all money games given, i'll be requesting permission to get a piece of her work tattooed on me before the month is up and outta here. I'm going to gather a collection of my so-far favourites below, but her work is buyable and she's completely approachable, so i'd snap her up on Tumblr sharpish if you like what you've seen:




All photos sourced from: http://lemaddyart.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment