Contra Botanic

If there are two things that I know to be true in this life, it's that i'm going to eventually die, and my succulents are darn well coming with me.

I love the idea of succulents; A somewhat self sustaining plant that needs little care, and only occasional attention. But due to a lack of South facing windows and an attention span as sensible as Jeff Goldblum on a glass of the good stuff, my ever growing collection, is ever dwindling. But that's where I think Contra Botanic may well come in.

100% wool treats that give succulent lovers a petite and 'cuddle-able' alternative, this project by Amanda Perumal is contra-ry to everything you ever thought you knew about those photosynthesis sucking little nuggets. No water allowed, let alone needed, Contra Botanic aims to 'make plants that last'. Heck, nature, why aren't you jumping on Perumal's bandwagon? Cutesy, charming, and sure as hell sensible, I hope that my shelf of air-sucking succulents could see a wool toting little sister before the year is out.

Check out Contra Botanic here: http://www.contrabotanic.com























(Photo: contrabotanic.com)

"As a succulent-lover living in a home void of south-facing windows, it's hard work keeping any plant alive. Contrabotanic is a project by me, Amanda Perumal, to make plants that last and you can cuddle too. The felt plants are handmade with 100% wool and modelled after various types of succulents. Every plant is made with the utmost care. As tedious and repetitive as it all is, I find comfort in ritual & routine. I'm currently studying textiles at OCADU and will be entering my third year this fall. "








































No comments:

Post a Comment