DIY Flower Tattoos, Botanical Babes and then some.

I heard that being casually late was cool, so i've decided to back-log antics and activities into one bloggy bundle. Though I do worry that Fallowdew is becoming a little lifestyle orientated, so I've also decided to make my next post on 19th Century biologist Ernst Haeckel, because that'll keep 'em interested. Right?


















While I kind of feel that my interest in magazines has plummeted since the decline of Smash Hits, RIP, I also can't help falling in love with each and every Oh Comely editorial. Hence why I took to one of their very own blog tutorials for a little Saturday morning schmoozin' before the rest of the day. Following the beautiful Verity Cummings cover which features model Valeriia doused in a half sleeve of sweet spring flowers, I scurried on into the garden, dog and umbrella in tow, getting grabby with my mum's handiwork. Two plates of flowers, a microwave and some lip balm later, I had conjured up the photo above. And whilst it was a pretty sticky endeavour, I was really chuffed with the final product. I can definitely imagine DIY weddings and other editorials getting their mitts on this idea in the future.

Fancy trying it out for yourself? Definitely ignore my ramblings and use the Verity Cummings tutorial right here, it's super sweet, really easy to replicate and a lot of fun.
























Bank holidays have been a lovely one this year; With the last one spent in Switzerland, I couldn't go letting last week's slip on by. Following my pal Becky on down to the Barbican, we headed on into Momentum by the United Visual Artists. Featured in the Curve, this was something only akin to any paranoid scene in Alien. I can't explain a pitch black corridor with twelve swinging pendulums and a dull hum. You probably think I just did, but I can't, though I think it was a lot better than we expected, and perfect for anyone that fancies an unnerving fumble around in the dark. Next was the conservatory. This has actually been closed to the public every time i've visited, so Becky had managed pick a stellar day for us to head on down. Imagine a trip to Key Gardens without the fancy purse fare. It's ruddy lovely.

Last but not least was the House of Peroni launch night last week. I still need to write up my feature for work on this one, so will need to keep the following amount of nattering to a bit of a minimum. A pop-up arts house featuring some of Italy's finest creatives, the House of Peroni is a town house of cocktails, geometrical showcases, DJs, a top floor restaurant and contemporary Italian culture. Brimming with booze and a fun-filled selection of artsy spaces, I think anyone looking for something unique will really take to the rooms. Oh and look, there we are below, all artsy and Italian and that. Bella. Hope everyone else has had a lovely few weeks!
























(Photo Credit: poshbrokebored.com)

I actually had to edit this post, considering I almost forgot two things that have changed my life this past week or so. One makes me go faster, and the other made me cry harder than ever before. I actually turned down a night out to peel stickers off of my brand new beauty, and while I won't go too much into detail due to how much everyone has heard about it already, here's what a Gumtree ad and £50 later got me. Look at her, just look at her.

The second is the below film. Whilst The Broken Circle Breakdown may just look like any old heartbreaking bluegrass love story, which it really is, this Belgian film was so gutsy that it had me sobbing harder than Marley's infamous last moments. The soundtrack is timed perfectly and the directors need get a pat the back for piecing this tear-jerker together. If you've got two hours to spare and a box of tissues to hand, try your ducts on for size, it's absolute magic:


No comments:

Post a Comment